Data Privacy Notice
Your data and privacy are important and we will handle them securely, fairly and legally at all times. RoMark Labels Ltd complies fully with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and below we tell you about what data we collect and how we store and use it.
What Information Do We Collect?
We keep all of the data that you give us when you opened an account with us, any of it can be changed at any time just let us know. These are things like your name, company address, email, telephone number, company mobile number etc and we keep a record of all contact with you via email and LiveChat.
Where We Keep Your Data – Security
The security of your data is a very major concern for us. We have legal obligations to keep it safe and handle it with care and the penalties for not doing so are very high.
We store your data securely and it’s backed up in two geographically separated locations so that it cannot be lost in the event of a catastrophic failure in our data centre or system.
How Do We Use Your Information?
The GDPR says that we are allowed to use and share your data only where we have a proper reason for doing so.
The permitted Legal Bases for processing are set out in article 6 of the GDPR. At least one of these must apply whenever we process your data:
- Consent: you have given clear consent for us to process your data for a specific purpose (for example, marketing)
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.
- Public task: the processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect your data which overrides those legitimate interests.
Here is a list of the ways that we may use your information, and which of the Legal Bases outlined above we rely on to do so.
Business function why we use your Information Our Reasons (Legal Basis) to provide you with customer services and technical support via phone, email or ‘Live Chat’ legitimate interest
Service notifications informing you of regulatory changes, service changes, software updates legitimate interest
Marketing informing you of new products, services and offers consent
Website analytics to obtain statistics on the usage of our website legitimate Interest
When we have to share your details.
Law enforcement agencies – for the prevention and detection of a crime, for the purpose of safeguarding national security or when the law requires us to, such as in response to a court order or other lawful demand or powers contained in legislation.
- Regulatory bodies such as the Information Commissioner’s Office and Ofcom.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
We keep your data while you have an account with us, and sometimes for a longer period, depending on whether there are legal or regulatory reasons for doing so.
Contact details, account details and payment history must be retained for seven years.
We have a legal obligation to keep your communications data for 12 months. This includes the number calling, the number called and the time, date and duration of the call, or fax. Law enforcement agencies have the right to access this data to support the investigation and prosecution of serious crime.
We do not keep the content of phone calls.
At RoMark Labels Ltd your data is stored in our secure data rooms which are located in the United Kingdom. Your information will not be transferred to a third country (defined under the GDPR as a country outside of the European Economic Area).
Keeping In Touch With You
We want to keep you updated about our new products, services and any special offers that may become available. We promise to never share your information with any third party marketing company.
You can opt-in or opt-out of receiving these messages at any time, using the ‘unsubscribe’ link contained in our marketing emails.
What Are Your Rights?
You have the following rights under the GDPR:
- The right to be informed. Individuals have the right to be informed about the collection and use of their data. This privacy notice fulfils that requirement.
- The right to rectification. If you find an error in your data please contact RoMark on 020 3384 6291 or email@example.com indicating the error and the correct version.
- The right to erasure. In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we delete data held on you. This does not apply if we have a legal reason for retaining it.
- The right to restrict processing. In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’. This means we would need to secure your data but not otherwise use it.
- The right to data portability. You have a right to obtain some of the data we hold on you in a ‘structured machine-readable’ format. This information is available as a spreadsheet from RoMark Labels Ltd.
- The right to object. You have the right to opt-out of any marketing communications that we may wish to send you. You can change your marketing preference at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link contained in our marketing emails.
If you have any questions about how we use your data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your data, please contact our customer service team on 0203 384 6291.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk
The GDPR makes a distinction between organisations that process data for their own purposes, known as ‘Data Controllers’, and organisations that process data on behalf of other organisations, known as ‘Data Processors’.
RoMark Labels Ltd is a Data Controller, registered in England under registration no. 176 5529 74, with a registration address of
North Farm Industrial Estate, London Road, Washington, Pulborough, West Sussex. RH20 4BB, United Kingdom.
“a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user’s computer by the user’s web browser while the user is browsing. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember information (such as items added in the shopping cart in an online store) or to record the user’s browsing activity (including clicking particular buttons, logging in, or recording which pages were visited in the past). They can also be used to remember arbitrary pieces of information that the user previously entered into form fields such as names, addresses, passwords, and credit card numbers.”
Changes To This Privacy Notice
We recognise that transparency is an ongoing commitment, so we will keep this privacy notice under regular review.
This privacy notice was last updated on 23rd May 2018.